Melbourne Square has been designed
by Cox Architecture as a prominent
gateway precinct inspired by the cultural
heritage of the nearby arts precinct, the
greenery of the surrounding parklands,
Port Philip Bay and the orderly grandeur
of the city itself.
The design is composed of three key
elements: a folded landscape, a terraced
podium and a pair of residential towers
The contoured terraces of the podium
connect to the streets of Southbank
across the new gardens, piazzas, cafés,
retail outlets and supermarket.
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Surrounded by well-established inner-city precincts and the bustling CBD streets yet settled within the tranquil grounds of Royal Botanic Gardens
REFINED LIFESTYLE WITH AN INTERNATIONAL ADDRESS
- Southbank is located along the south side of the Yarra River, directly opposite the Melbourne CBD.
- Direct access to the city is available via multiple footbridges overpassing the Yarra. Proximity to Port Phillip Bay, as well as Port Melbourne Beach, allow for both bay and city views.
- The Crown Casino Entertainment Complex is located along the river bank in Southbank. It consists of 510,000 sq.m of gaming, retail, restaurants, nightclubs, a cinema, three hotels and other entertainment amenity, making it the largest casino complex in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The Royal Botanic Gardens, Queen Victoria Gardens, Alexandra Gardens and Albert Park are all large public park land which are in proximity to Southbank, totalling 340 hectares of open space.
- University of Melbourne (25mins by train)
- RMIT University (19mins by train)
- Swineburn University (30mins by train)