Sturdee Residences is in the heart of a rejuvenated precinct that stretches from Jalan Besar to Kampong Glam, Ophir and Rochor, within the expanding city districts of Singapore. These areas have been earmarked by the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore as key areas to be preserved for their historical value while being revitalised for the future.
Jalan Besar will undergo a transformation and emerge as an urbanised district while retaining the much-loved and unique Kampong spirit right in the heart of Singapore. The Ophir-Rochor corridor will be a mixed-use district featuring offices, hotels and residences, connecting the established commercial node at Marina Centre to future developments along Rochor Canal and Bukit Timah Canal. In addition to injecting greater vibrancy into the city, an attractive feature will be generous greenery and landscaping that will enhance the uniqueness of this strategic city fringe area.
The city’s dynamic expansion will offer residents round-the-clock access to a host of lifestyle activities, from the active to the relaxing.
- 236 hectares of parks, promenades and public spaces.
- The Bay East and Bay Central Gardens at Gardens by the Bay.
- Expansive and abundant greenery along walkways, public spaces and sky parks.
- The transformation of Rochor Canal into a vibrant, clean and beautiful river with new recreational and community spaces along its banks.
- Extension of the waterfront promenade around Marina Reservoir.
- Water-based activities in Marina Reservoir, including water sports and river taxi rides.
Seamless connectivity is further enhanced with new MRT lines, expanded park connectors and alternative driving routes.
- The Downtown and Thomson MRT lines will feature 22 new stations and be ready as early as 2017, while the Downtown Line 3 Bendemeer MRT Station will open to connect the north-western and eastern regions of Singapore to the CBD and Marina Bay area.
- Comprehensive pedestrian networks will provide all-weather connectivity.
- New cycling paths along key routes will be available through the upgrading of existing park connectors integrating both the ABC Waters @ Kallang River (Upper Boon Keng) with HDB’s Kallang Trivista.
- The completion of the North-South Expressway in 2020 provides shorter driving time across the island.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR WORK, REST & PLAY
Nestled within a lush green enclave, scenic quiet lanes lead to major arterial roads and easy access to MRT stations. Expect all the modern conveniences to get you what you need and where you need to be, on foot, by train or car commute, in no time.